10.06.2008

Here goes...

I had high hopes for my first post - I envisioned a "Sports Guy" type running blog during Game 4 of the ALDS between the Red Sox and the Los Angeles California Angels in the Outfield of Anaheim Mighty Ducks First Blood - Part II. Unfortunately for you my evening has turned out to be less than exciting. No worries though, as a lack of quality hasn't ever stopped me from doing anything before...

5:18PM - Arrive home from work. Evaluate cooking leftover healthy indian food.

5:32PM - Half a can of pringles later, indian dish remains safely in fridge.

6:25PM - Awake from nap, shower, eat indian food and comment to wife on how I'm happy to be eating healthier.

7:00 - 8:45PM - Discuss idea of buying domain/starting a blog with my peers. Occurs to me I'm soliciting advice from a man who recently fathered a child and started this site.

8:46PM - First pitch at Fenway. I can see the lights from my window...

8:47 - 10:55 - a blur of setting up my account, enjoying a Sam Octoberfest, debating the merits of a corner store pringles run, and watching the game. 2-0 sox after 7.

10:56 - Masterson walks the tying run on and atones by throwing the next pitch directly at the backstop.

10:59 - Torii Hunter ties the game. 

11:01 - I decide it would be in my best interest to end this experiment and concentrate on the game, mostly so I can be ready in case a Masterson pitch lands in my living room.

I'll be back with plenty of  updates as I embark on my most challenging endeavor in a while next week - taking Japanese classes for an eventual attempt to move to Tokyo. 

No comments: